Saturday, January 07, 2012

A beautiful day outside in Las Vegas

Jalál (Glory), 8 Sharaf (Honor), 168 BE – Saturday, January 7, 2012 AD about 3:56 PM Pacific Time

It’s Saturday and I’m at home with Mom. I went outside twice today, once to roll the trashcan to the curb and pick-up the newspaper. The second time to take trash out and roll the trashcan back into the garage. The rest of the day I spent in the house with Mom.

This morning it was a bit chilly. This afternoon the wind blew, but it didn’t feel much colder then when I rolled the trashcan to the curb. It’s a beautiful and sunny outside afternoon.

In some ways, Mom is better. This afternoon, she brushed her teeth twice. Because of her short-term memory problems, she forgot she’d already brushed them. I’ve walked her to the bathroom twice to brush her teeth and she did a good job both times. The first time she took her upper plate out to brush it and the second time she brushed it in her mouth. I’m not sure she remembers she wears upper dentures.

Mom has Alzheimer’s disease, so these little memory issues are expected events. I didn’t tell her she’d already brushed her teeth because it’s easier to go along with her in these cases. Mom uses a walker, but I still have to accompany her when she wants to do various things in the house. I’m glad she can brush her own teeth. I’m glad Mom is still capable of doing a number of things by herself, but I still have to keep an eye on her.

No comments: