Sunday, September 18, 2011

Looking for my mother’s hearing aids

Jamál (Beauty), 11 ‘Izzat (Might), 167 BE – Sunday, September 18, 2011 about 10:55 AM Pacific Time

My mother lost her hearing aids last week. It occurred on Thursday, after she came home from the daycare center. She had her hearing aids in her ears when she got out of the daycare van. Sometime between the time she got out of the van and went to bed, she took them out of her ears and laid them down or dropped them.

It is possible she took them out of her ears before she got into the house and dropped them on the ground. I have looked and looked, but I cannot find them outside. With some help, I moved the couch and looked under it, but no hearing aids.

Her hearing aids had batteries in them, so I should be able to hear the noise they make. I have not heard that noise, so I am not sure where they are. I am at my wits end and do not know what to do. I am beginning to think it will take a miracle to find them because I do not know where else to look.

Every time I go outside, I look for them; I find nothing. I have to look for them somewhere else, but I think I have exhausted the locations. This is just another one of those things that happen when one is taking care of an Alzheimer sufferer.

No comments: