Friday, September 23, 2011

Powdered Milk and Warmed over Coffee in Las Vegas

Istiqlál (Independence), 16 ‘Izzat (Might), 167 BE – Friday, September 23, 2011 about 7:20 AM Pacific Time

Powdered (dry) milk does not taste like the regular milk any more then warming leftover coffee taste like fresh brewed; however, I am getting used to the taste of both. Fortunately, with coffee I can make another carafe fresh coffee when I have drank all the leftover.

It is a little more difficult with the dry milk. I have to mix another pitcher of dry milk today. I can make it taste better by ignoring the directions of the package and mixing it a little stronger. Alternatively, I can follow the directions and pour in a can of condensed milk. Condensed milk tastes more like the milk from the plastic jugs or cardboard containers. Adding chocolate syrup powder also helps the taste, unfortunately I do not have any type of chocolate mix.

Mom does not mind the taste of the powered milk. When it come the milk, the only complaint Mom has is that it is cold. Perhaps I should start warming her milk up in the microwave before I give it to her. I will have to practice warming it in the microwave so that I do not burn the milk.

Eventually I will get used to the taste of the milk. It has taken me longer then I thought, but I just have to be persistent. I will get some chocolate mix next time I go to the store for food and household items. Right now, I am closing this entry so that I can heat up another cup of leftover coffee in the microwave.

No comments: