Friday, September 09, 2011

Comparison Shopping in Las Vegas

Istiqlál (Independence), 2 ‘Izzat (Might), 167 BE – Friday, September 9, 2011 about 1:04 PM Pacific Time

I went grocery shopping this morning. I needed to get a few stuff for the weekend. One of the things I bought was crackers, Mom likes peanut butter and crackers. Until today, I thought cracker did not have any dietary fiber in them, I was wrong. Some brands of cracker have it and some do not.

I did find a brand that did not have dietary fiber, but it cost about $4.00. The brand I bought had only 1 gram of fiber and it cost about $2.00. I bought the brand with the 1 gram because could buy two boxes of crackers for what one of the other brand cost.

Since the doctor put Mom on a low fiber diet, life has become much more complicated. There was a time when I did not read the ingredients on the label. I went to the store and bought the item I wanted without checking the label. I spent less time in the grocery store, now it takes me longer to shop because I have to read the labels.

No comments: