Thursday, April 22, 2010

It hailed in Las Vegas on Earth Day

Istijlál (Majesty), 14 Jalál (Glory), 167 BE – Thursday, April 22, 2010 about 4:42 PM Pacific Time

Mom and I went to the Institute for the Blind to enroll her as a member and get her a pair of glasses. While we were there, it hailed. The hail wasn't very big, probably about the size of  buck shot or slightly larger. It fell from the sky like little white stones. The hail came down faster then snow, all though it was about the same color. I haven't witnessed hail in a long time, it was an interesting sight.

I think hail on Earth Day is appropriate because it reminds us about nature and the Earth. I know this sounds odd, but I enjoyed watching the hail. Of course, at the time I wasn't driving in it, so that made a difference because I could watch the hail without worrying about it or the traffic.

No comments: