Friday, April 23, 2010

My mother received a Jury Summons today

Istiqlál (Independence), 15 Jalál (Glory), 167 BE – Friday, April 23, 2010 about 5:35 PM Pacific Time

My mother is 89 years old; she has early Alzheimer's, difficulty hearing, and vision problems. I am her caregiver, so I called the number on the summons. I expected to talk to an operator, which was what I did the last time I received a jury summons.

The system is now automated and very user friendly. The voice asking the questions is a pleasant male voice and the answers consist of entering numbers. Since my mother is over 70 years old, she does not have to serve. I put in the date of her birth at the proper time and pressed the pound key. It is a very logical, easy to use and simple system.

I suppose I will be the next one in the family to receive a summons. I am looking forward to going through the phone system. I have served on a jury and most trial are interesting. I guess interesting is a good word for the experience, all though educational might be a better word.

No comments: