Saturday, October 01, 2005

October

4 Mashiyyat 162 B.E. September 30 - October 1, 2005

Well today is the first of October. So far it's been an interesting year. OK, maybe interesting is not the right word here, but it's the most positive word I can come up with. This month has a lot going on. There is 20th when I will be celebrating the Birth of the Bab. I am attempting to come up with a poem, but I want something different this year. I've written other poems about the Bab's birth, of of which was put to music. Then there is the Feast of 'Ilm on the evening of the 15th.

In the wider community of Las Vegas there is the 31st, Halloween to most of the country. In Nevada the 31st of November is Nevada Day. Yes, Nevada became a state on Halloween. Any way we have not decided what I am going to do that day, normally we go out - to a movie or something - until after 10:30 or 11 p.m. I think I'd like to do something different this year, but haven't decided what I want to do. Mom says she is happy with what ever we do. If we stay home we always get too much candy and there is candy left overe for a month at least.

No comments: