Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Morning in Las Vegas

9 Mashiyyat 162 B.E. October 4-5, 2005 A.D.

Looking out my front room window, I watch the wind blowing through the olive tree and stone pines in my yard. The sun rising over Frenchman's Mountain, also known as Sunrise Mountain, cast light on the trees. This time of year the morning sun high lights the leaves more than the bark of the trees. The rising sun turns the leaves silver and gold depending on the tree and the way the light is reflected.

The temperature is cool here this time of year, the last few days it has been between 75 degrees and 80 degrees in the house. This means that the central air does not come on, which is good. However, it does get a bit cold late at night and early of a morning. I am going to put a heavier blanket on the bed, do not want to turn the heat on yet.

Lately the process of transformation has been going smoothly. I guess that's how it works sometimes transformation moves at a swift pace, but most of the time it is slow. I am encountering writers' block on and off, which does not help much. I have found out something about myself though. When I am confronted with writers' block I want to play Free Cell and other computer games. This does not help the writer's block, the best thing for writers' block is to sat (or is it set) down and start writing. It does not matter what you write as long as you write.

I am taking a free online writing course, I have one more lesson to submit this week. So far I have submitted two lessons and a selection of my completed or uncompleted pieces. The responses to the lessons I have submitted have submitted have mostly been characters and work on stories I am working on. Although, one of the lessons called for responses that had nothing to do with anything I am working on. That is good because now I have ideas for other stories and essays I can write.

I think I am going to put a little more personal experience and memories into some of my stories. I find that I gravitate toward science fiction and fantasy rather than other types of stories. I am working on some personal essays, I am going to write one about an experience from childhood. This is a memory about my grandparent's and a mobile home they kept at a recreational area - Lake Blackwell - in Oklahoma. Well, I think that is all for today.

No comments: