Saturday, October 08, 2005

Drinking of Cool, Clear Water

12 Mashiyyat 162 B.E. October 7-8, 2005 A.D.

Reading Prayers And Meditations by Baha'u'llah and translated by Shoghi Effendi is like a sip of cool clear water. My spirit is invigorated and refreshed. The words of the prayers focus my attention on the blessing of God. I am taken out of myself by the word of God. When I read these prayers either out loud or quietly to myself I feel the Holy Spirit flowing through the words.

When I pray I could say my own words, but I get a different feeling when I read the words revealed by Baha'u'llah. In addition, when I read the words of Baha'u'llah I am inspired to write on a different level than when the inspiration come from other sources. The prayers also inspire me to work toward transformation.

2 comments:

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

Neva,

How are you doing? I haven't heard from you in a while. HOw about getting together?

Joanne

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

We could drink coffee? :}