Monday, October 17, 2005

Novel Writing Month

2 'Ilm 162 B.E. October 16-17, 2005

November is national novel writing month. The website (http://www.nanowrimo.org/) is having a contest. The challenge is to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. I signed up to write a novel during the month of November. The novel I am going to write is a science fiction novel.

I always wanted to write a novel. I'm not sure why, but I've always wanted to write one. I encountered this web site last year and thought it was interesting. I was tempted to take the challenge then, but I let my inner critic stop me. This year is different. I have decided to do decided to do what I've always wanted to do and never did. So I took the challenge this year and signed up to write a 50,000 word novel in thirty days. Just for the record that means I need to write about 1,667 words a day.

The butterfly is coming out of her cocoon. I am still having problems with my inner critic. However, when I decide what I am going to do and just do it the inner critic or the voice of doubt goes away, at least for a littler while.

No comments: