Friday, October 07, 2005

Coffee Does Not Keep Me Awake

11 Mashiyyat 162 B.E. October 6-7, 2005 A.D.

Coffee doesn't keep me awake. No matter how late I drink it I can still go to sleep. What does keep me awake is my creativity. If I am working on a story or a poem I can't go to sleep. There are other things that keep me awake, but those are minor. I have one time during the month that no matter what I can't sleep. I just lay there looking at the darkness. No matter how boring looking at darkness is it doesn't put me to sleep. In fact when I can't sleep nothing will put me to sleep. I can read or play online games and I still won't get sleepy. At those time I have to close my eyes and pretend I am asleep, that doesn't let me sleep but I don't toss and turn so my body rests. I usually get up and work on a story or poem, but sometimes I come to a dead end and can't write any more so I have to lay down and pretend I am asleep. So maybe it isn't the creativity that keeps me awake after all. I am not sure what keeps me away when I can't sleep.

Coffee doesn't keep me awake. When I can't sleep I notice the night noises more. The night noises in Las Vegas are not much different from the night noises in any other city in the country. There are the normal noises a city makes. There are the normal noises a neighborhood makes. Both of these can be heard from my house. The one of the neighbors has a dog that barks most of the time at night, but that has become background noise. Barking dogs don't keep me awake either. There are also the normal noises that a house makes in the middle of the night, those don't keep me awake.

Coffee doesn't keep me awake. I am not sure what does keep me awake. Sometimes I just can't sleep no matter how hard I try. I can't blame my inability to sleep on anything. On the nights I can't sleep my mind seems to be flitting from one idea to the next. I try lots of things to get to sleep. I read, review the prayers and scriptures I've memorized, try memorizing scriptures, try writing poems, and a dozen other things. However, on nights I can't sleep it is because I just can't sleep. I have no reason for why.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is coffee :}
toni

magiclover said...

Thats weird it might just be the coffee, but for me I cant drink coffee after 9 p.m. or I wont go to bed until 3 in the morning!! I enjoyed reading your views the past few months!
Promotional Products Canada /Chris Angel and Magic Card Tricks