Sunday, October 30, 2005

Sunday Services

16 'Ilm 162 B.E. October 30-31, 2005 A.D.

I went to Sunday Services at the Baha'i Center in Las Vegas today. The service was beautiful, the reading were awe inspiring and the feeling was spiritual. This is the first Sunday that the Las Vegas Baha'i Choir sang at the Sunday Services. The choir was exquisite. You could feel the spirituality when they sang. The songs the choir intoned complimented the readings from the scriptures.

The services at the center are always spiritual, but today's services had a different feeling then usual. There is something special about having a live choir perform rather than a CD of uplifting music. A live choir adds something special to the services. I have always like gospel and spiritual music above other types of music.

As the voices of the choir ascended my spirit ascended
My soul responded to the music by singing the glory of God
Music is the tongue of the human soul
The voice of the spirit

I am not sure precisely what else I am going to say in this poem about the choir. I am not even sure just yet what I am going to call this poem - Sunday Services. I do not think that is going to be the final name of the poem, but it is alright as a working title.

No comments: