Tuesday, September 27, 2005

New Beginnings

1 Mashiyyat 162 B.E. September 26-27, 2005 A.D.

Today is the first day of the month of Mashiyyat (Will). I have been think about new beginnings and sayings refer to new beginnings. One saying that keeps running though my mind is "Today is the first day of the rest of your life." It is a nice saying, but I do not think it refers to new beginnings. Maybe it is about time to come up with a new saying that works better for new beginnings. I guess if one is going to come up with a new saying for new beginnings, one should define what new beginnings mean.

New beginning means different thing to different people and something different for each phase of a person's life. This is a phrase that each person must define for him/her self. Maybe that is the problem with the saying I just mentioned and many others. They don't apply to me at this point in my life. That is an intriguing thought.

I think the reason I am thinking about new beginnings is that it is a new month. A new month always brings new experiences and new thoughts. It is a time to review the past month and to set new goals or rework the old goals. A time to look at what one has accomplished and wants to accomplish. For me the first day of the is a month is a chance to attend the Feast (which I did on the evening of the 26th).

No comments: