Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Spiral Galaxy NGC 1097

3 'Ilm 162 B.E. October 17-18, 2005 A.D.

I subscribe to an e-mail newsletter from science.com. This newsletter has an image of the day which show a different photo. One of the images of the day was NGC 1097
(http://www.space.com/imageoftheday/image_of_day_051018.html). I was looking at this image and reading the information about it. At the center of this spiral galaxy is a massive black hole. When you look at the picture of the galaxy you see the center as bright and beautiful. You do not see the black hole. The black hole is hidden beneath the light of stars being pulled into the black hole. As I was looking at the picture, I realized that it answered a question. The question is answered was "What can hide night but a deeper darkness?" As I was looking at the picture of NGC 1097 I realized that what conceals night is not a deeper darkness but light.

Indeed if we did not know light we would not know darkness or night. The only way we can actually experience night or darkness is by comparing it with light. It is amazing what looking at a simple photo will do. You can meditation and any item and find some type of enlightenment. Well those are my thoughts for today.

No comments: