Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday Contemplations in September

Jamál (Beauty), 5 ‘Izzat (Might), 173 BE - Sunday, September 11, 2016 AD about 11:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time 

This morning I went for a walk around the block. My neighborhood was quiet, so I didn't meat very many people or animals. I saw a man and his son being walked by their dog, a neighbor lady who was out  collecting aluminum cans, and a man who picked up a long metal pipe that was laying in the street by the curb. I enjoyed the silence and the walk. I liked the silence because it gave me a harmonious and spiritual feeling. 

As I walked I let my mind recite my morning prayers. This helped with the spiritual feeling because the prayers that went  through my mind were revealed by the Bab and Baha'u'llah. After getting home, I poured myself a large mug of coffee and removed the last two-bite brownies in the package. This means tomorrow I'll probably eat some of the cookies in my cookie jar. I'll also go to a couple of the food pantries to get some food because this month money is extremely tight. September is one of those months when I have more month than money. 

The money situation depresses me a little, but not as much as the world situation. Nationally and Internationally the situation for humanity appears to be getting worse. I believe the reason for this is that humanity is fractured into small groups that don't work with the rest of humanity. The only way to get ourselves through the present darkness is to work together as a single species.  We human beings need to work, play, and pray together. We can each pray to our individual concepts of God, but we need to let other prayer to their concept of God without telling them they're wrong. 

No comments: