Sunday, August 28, 2016

On the Last Sunday in August 2016

Jamál (Beauty), 10 Asmá’(Names), 173 BE - Sunday, August 28, 2016 AD about 11:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time 

It's the last Sunday in August 2016 and a scripture verse keeps running through my mind. It's a verse revealed by Baha'u'llah and it goes like this "He who put his trust in God, God shall suffice him; He who fears God, God shall send him relief." I've memorized this verse because it helps alleviate worry and I'm a worrier. If I don't keep my mind focused I worry about everything and anything. This scripture by Baha'u'llah reminds me that I don't have anything to worry about because my life is in God's hands.  

I usually worry most at the end of the month. After an hour or so of meditation and contemplation, I realized the reason. Most of my bill are due the beginning or the middle of the month which means that sometime I have to scrape to get the money to pay the bills that hit the checking account. This is especially true for the next couple of months. I'll have enough to cover the bills coming out the first half of the month, but it's the bills that are due the last half that I suspect, but I don't know for sure, that will be the problem. 

Right now, I'm not as worried as I was this morning when I got up. The first reason I'm not worried now is the prayer reveal by Baha'u'llah. The second reason is that I written down my worries. Prayer and writing my worries always help in two ways. First they place everything in God's hands. Second, writing my problems and worries helps discover a solution. 


No comments: