Friday, August 26, 2016

The Weekend Cometh and I have to plan some changes

Istiqlál (Independence), 8 Asmá’(Names), 173 BE - Friday, August 26, 2016 AD about 3:50  PM Pacific Daylight Time 

I'm not sure whether I'm looking forward to the weekend or dreading it. It's close to the end of the month which means I have bills coming due at the beginning of September. As usual, I'm worried about paying bills and this month I'm especially worried about the internet bill. Maybe I should just drop the landline. That would cut  down a little but not that much. In September I'll also have to purchase some data for my smartphone. I get 250 free phone minutes a month, but I have to pay for  the data myself and I'm out of data. 

So what will I do this weekend. I think the first thing I'll do is decide if I can get by without the landline. It won't make that much of a difference with the internet bill. I can't get rid of the television and the internet. I started to get rid of the landline last month, but then I ended up needing the landline to make calls because I let the phone battery lose its charge and it took a while to charge the battery. This month, I ran out of free minutes which meant I didn't have any left so I needed the landline to make phone calls and stay in  touch with the rest of the world. 

Maybe I won't get rid of the landline. I have to cut down on something because my auto insurance came  up  $20.00. Now that does sound like much but when you're living from Social Security check to Social Security check it's a lot of money. I can't call my insurance agent until Monday. Maybe I can find a way to cut down on the insurance payment, but I doubt it. The payment is as low as it will go now.  

No comments: