Monday, August 15, 2016

Motivational Monday: The Telephone is quiet this afternoon

Kamál (Perfection), 16 Kamál (Perfection), 173 BE - Monday, August 15, 2016 AD about 3:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time 

Monday afternoon and my smartphone is quiet. This morning it was ringing out of my hands. I have to admit that I was pissed at the reason for the long distance calls. The calls were from two different number.  Two different men calling me from the U.S. Grants Department to give me a $9,000.00 grant to pay my bills. I swear some people must think that anyone over 60 years of age is stupid or something. That last scam-artist that called hung up when I said I'd been through this before. I haven't received a call from them this afternoon, but maybe they only work half a day. 

I like having a smartphone. I like the convenience of having caller ID. I do get a bit belligerent when the scammers repeatedly call me to con me out of my hard earned money. I don't have that much in the bank, but apparently they think that anyone over 60 is rich. The weird thing is that the two guys sounded nice, so they could make an honest living if they tried. Those calls did motivate me to consider writing a story of some type about technology that can help protect seniors from scam artist. 

No comments: