Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Brownout Tuesday: August 2, 2016

Fiḍál (Grace), 3 Kamál (Perfection), 173 BE - Tuesday, August 2, 2016 AD about 1:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time 

Don't you just love it  when you're in the heat of composing a story, poem, or blog entry and there's a brownout. That just happened to me, I was working in one of my writing.com journal composing today's entry and the electricity went off. Fortunately, I had just started the entry, so I don't think I lost too much. I entered the date, saved that (I think) and then begin writing the first  paragraph. 

The electricity went off without  warning, which is normal in a brownout, still it  was a bit of a shock.  I stared at the dark computer, I listened for the song of the air conditioner, and I glanced at the television. I don't know why I glanced at the television because I wasn't watching or listening to it. I think glancing at the T.V. was a reflex reaction.  

I hope we don't have to deal with temporary brownouts for the rest of the summer. When  the computer goes dark in the middle of writing, it throws me off form. My train of thought is derailed for a few minutes and I have to warm up or do something to get it back on track. As soon as I post this I'll go back to writing.com and finish today's entry in Welcome to My Weird Life. 

No comments: