Saturday, August 06, 2016

On the First Saturday in August 2016

Jalál (Glory), 7 Kamál (Perfection), 173 BE - Saturday, August 6, 2016 AD about 11:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time 

On the first Saturday in August 2016, 
I fight the tears that want to fall, 
I look into the encompassing darkness 
As it sneaks into my soul and mind 
Like clouds hiding the morning sunshine. 

On the first Saturday in August 2016, 
I want to weep away the disappointment 
My 69 year-old mind feels 
About a body that is no longer young and healthy 
Enough to attract another man into my life. 

On the first Saturday in  August 2016, 
I weep because no one wants to be around me, 
No one wants to know someone who is no longer 
Strong and healthy. 

On the first Saturday in August 2016, 
I write my fears in a poem 
Knowing that I am exaggerating 
The situation. 

No comments: