Friday, October 02, 2015

Happy Friday. Happy Laundry Day.

Istiqlal (Independence), 6 Mashíyyat (Will), 172 BE - Friday, October 2, 2015 about 5:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time

It's Friday.
It's laundry day.
So I loaded up the laundry-grocery cart
with dirty cloths
and drove to the laundromat.

Doing laundry on Friday morning
is a wonderful experience,
because the laundromat is almost empty
and I don't have to wait
for a washer or a dryer.

I don't have to carry quarters.
The laundromat I go to
is a twenty-fist century establishment;
they use debit cards
specifically attuned to the machines.

It's delightful to go in,
put my laundry card
in their debit machine
and know how much is on the card.

It's wonderful
to put bills into the debit card machine
and have it added to my laundry card.

Doing laundry
in the twenty-first century
is less stressful.

No comments: