Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Midweek Reflections on the Blue Screen of Death

'Idal (Justice), 18 Mashíyyat (Will), 172 BE - Wednesday, October 14, 2015 about 4:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time

I just encountered the blue screen of death about five or ten minutes ago. Fortunately, I don't panic when things like this happen. I let the computer do whatever it was supposed to and it came back up. This is the first time I've encountered this issue with this computer this year. I put in a call to tech support, but they are off duty so I left a message. I'll call them again in the morning about 7:30 or 8:00 AM. I think tech support for this computer is back East so maybe I can call them earlier. I always up by 5:00 AM Pacific Time anyway.

I was composing a blog entry, so I didn't lose any lines of poetry or short story paragraphs. Next month is NaNoWriMo so I need to see if there is a problem before then. I will save things a little more often then I'm used to doting it, but it won't change anything else. At least I don't think it will. I did have more then one window open at the time, so that could have caused the problem. I think I had about three or four windows open which is unusual for me. Normally I work with only two windows open. I'll talk to tech support in the morning and see what they think.

No comments: