Saturday, September 05, 2015

Summary Saturday: A Good Week

Jalal (Glory), 17 Asmá’ (Names), 172 BE - Saturday, September 5, 2015 5:13 pm Pacific Daylight Time

It was a very good week for writing poetry. I completed five poems between August 31 and September 1. I also finished a 600+ word story. I have another poem to complete today if I can figure out the subject. I have considered and rejected two subjects so far today. One of the subjects was about my luck Harley-Davidson cap and the other was about a chartreuse dress which I cannot find so I must have given the dress away because it was either too big or too small.

The theme is something that happened fifteen years ago in 2000. The reason I rejected the Harley cap is because I think I received the cap at a later date. I know I received the cap during an election year, but I cannot remember which one. I think I will go with a wedding subject for this poem because I know I attended a wedding in 2000. That was the year my one of my brothers got married, so Mom and I attended the wedding. Now if I can remember everything that I need to put in the poem I will be find.

The deadline for the poem is September 6 at 9:00 am PDT, so I guess I better get started now that I have decided on the subject. I do not remember having this much trouble with the subject for the other five poems I wrote this week, but then once I write a poem I forget about the difficulties I encounter when I write it. This is probably one of the reasons I continue to write poems.

No comments: