Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Midweek Reflections on Autumn

'Idal (Justice), 9 ‘Izzat (Might), 172 BE - Wednesday, September 16, 2015 about 1:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time

The Autumnal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere occurs on September 23 at 08:20 UTC; this is 1:22 AM PDT. At this time, the sun is shining directly on the equator which makes days and nights almost equal. After this the days get noticeably shorter and the nights longer.


Autumnal Equinox
time to begin preparations
for long and cold winter nights.

Of course, the temperature begins cooling down before the fall equinox. Instead of triple digit temperatures we experience double digit temperatures. This means I need to find my winter sweaters and sweat shirts. I know I will need them at night because I don't have any heavy blankets. Of course, it doesn't get cold enough here in Las Vegas for electric blankets; at least it hasn't in the past. I don't know how cold it will get this year.

I always look forward to fall because I can turn the cool air off without having to turn the warm air on. Right now, I'm planning on turning the unit off on September 30, but I could make it later if it looks like we might experience some out-of-season triple digit temperatures. Considering some of the weird weather we've had lately it wouldn't surprise me. Nor would it surprise me if we hit single digit temperatures early.

No comments: