Saturday, December 13, 2014

I went to the Laundromat on Friday

Jalal (Glory), 2 Masá’il (Questions), 171 BE - Saturday, December 13, 2014 about 10:45 am Pacific Standard Time

I went to the laundromat on Friday morning after I picked up my eye drop prescription at Smith's Food & Drug store. I knew rain weather report called for rain, but it was my understanding that the rain would not arrive until late afternoon. I figured I would have time to pick up my prescription and finish the laundry before the rains started.

I was wrong! I picked up my prescription and then went to the laundromat. I arrived at the laundromat before the rains started. I put clothes into one triple load machine and blankets in another. Then I went to the change machine to get $5.00 in quarters. Next I put one load of clothes into a single load washer. While the clothes were washing I went next door to Money Tree to get a new card from them because I lost my old one in the move.

I went back to the laundromat without getting wet because it rained. I relaxed a little while I waited for the clothes to finish washing. I took the clothes out of the washers and put them in dryers. Just as the clothes finished drying (about 1:30 pm) it begin to rain. When the clothes were dry, I put them into my push cart, covered them with a couple of sheets, and took them to the car.

After loading the clothes into my car, I drove home in the rain. I unloaded the clothes from the car and put them back into my cart. I pushed the clothes to my apartment, while it was still raining. It did not stop raining until after I got the clothes into the house. Fortunately, the blankets did not get wet. The sheet that did get wet I hung over furniture to dry. I do not have a drying rack in my studio apartment because I do not have room for one.

I am glad I can stay home today and recover from yesterday. I am eating hot homemade chicken soup. I am drinking hot tea or hot coffee. I cannot warm up the apple juice because my microwave throws a breaker when I use it and I do not  have a kettle to heat the apple juice on the stove. I do not want hot apple juice anyway. I would rather drink hot coffee, tea, or water to warm up.


No comments: