Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Shorter Days and Longer Nights

'Idal (Justice), 5 Masá’il (Questions), 171 BE - Tuesday, December 16, 2014 about 5:43 pm Pacific Standard Time

Shorter days fly by
Longer night tiptoe to dawn
The temperature drops

I feel rushed as the short days fly past and descend into evening. I have so much to do, so what did I do today? I spent the entire day in the car driving across Las Vegas and not getting anything accomplished in the house. Do I feel guilty? No! I am relaxed and unworried. I have things to do tomorrow which will take me out of the house, so I probably will not get back home until after dark.

Night driving stressful
But sometimes I enjoy it
I worry too much

It is past sunset here in Las Vegas. I am tired from my from my drive across the city. My back hurts because I was in the car so long. I enjoyed my day away from my apartment despite the pain and not  accomplishing much. I will get the dishes washed tonight. I will get the trash ready to carry out  in the morning. I will write. I will not  go to bed until about 10:30 or 11:00 pm.

Sunset a new day
The weariness moves on
The pain melts away

No comments: