Thursday, November 20, 2014

One Week Until Thanksgiving

Istijlal (Majesty), 17 Qudrat (Power), 171 BE - Thursday, November 20, 2014 about 2:54 pm Pacific Standard Time

Thanksgiving is one week away,
what is there to write or say
except the memories of yesterday.

This will be my second Thanksgiving without Mom. The memories of sharing a Thanksgiving meals come back bring tears to my eyes and a smile to my lips. I miss Mama. I miss drinking coffee with her in the morning. I miss hearing her chant God's Most Great Name. I miss eating pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce with her at Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is one week away
I let go of the tears,
while keeping the smile.

I think I will bake a pumpkin pie either Saturday or Sunday, I have to check to see if I have a cookie tin or something to sit the pie on in the oven in case it over flows or something like that. I don't clean ovens very well so I have to be careful when I bake.

No comments: