Sunday, June 26, 2011

There is a first time for everything

Jamál (Beauty), 3 Rahmat (Mercy), 168 BE – Sunday, June 26, 2011 about 3:55 PM Pacific Time

Today, I baked cookies in the microwave for the first time. I knew it was possible; I just had not attempted it. I had a package of cookie dough in the fridge. I opened the package and broke apart the dough. Then I put the cookies in a microwave safe dish. I set the timer at 1.25 and turned the oven on. The cookies turn out well, considering that the instructions on the package were for a regular oven.

The only oven in the house that works is the microwave. I have no other choice; I have to use the microwave whenever I bake anything. I would prefer not to guess at the time, especially with cookies. I could not leave the cookie dough in the refrigerator any longer, so I baked them today. I still have a package of cookie mix in the refrigerator. I will fix it this coming week. I think I need to add eggs to the mix, so I cannot bake it until I go to the store again.

I also have a couple of squash in the refrigerator, so I will bake them in the microwave. I like baked squash better then fried squash. I will post the recipe I use for the squash once I decided on the ingredients.

No comments: