Saturday, June 11, 2011

Air conditioning is nice

Jalál (Glory), 7 Núr (Light), 167 BE – Saturday, June 11, 2011 about 5:40 PM Pacific Time

I have air conditioning. The unit is working and it is nice to work in a cool house. I still have a lot of work to do because it was too warm for me to work when the unit was out. We did not have triple digit temperatures in Las Vegas while the unit was not working, still the temperatures rose into the middle and high nineties.

I do not know why the temperatures affected me the way it did. Perhaps it is my age or my physical condition, but it was difficult to do anything with temperatures in the nineties. I can deal with eighty-degree temperatures without any problems, but the ninety-degree temperatures got to me.

Mom was fortunate because she went to adult daycare five days a week. The daycare center was nice and cool, it was pleasant; however, the temperatures in the house were not. I am glad the unit is fixed; I know the power bill will be high, but right now, I am just glad to have a cool house.

Last night I turned the thermostat up to eighty-one degrees and left it at that today. I may turn it up to eighty-two tonight or I may leave it at eight-one degrees. I do not think I will turn the thermostat higher then eight-three degrees because that is as high as I can go and still be comfortable. Mom does not complain about being too hot or too cold when the temperature reaches eighty-three degrees.

No comments: