Sunday, June 12, 2011

Countdown to Father’s Day

Jamál (Beauty), 8 Núr (Light), 168 BE – Sunday, June 12, 2011 about 12:10 PM Pacific Time

Father’s Day is the third Sunday in June, which is the nineteenth. That is seven days from today. My father passed away several years ago, so I cannot send him a Father’s Day card. I do not know the location of his grave, so I cannot visit the cemetery. My parents were divorced when I was a child and my memories of Dad are faded and limited.

The choices I have concerning Father’s Day and commemorating my father are limited. I can say a prayer for Day. I can write a poem. I can write a letter to him in my journal. I can write a letter to my Father and post it in one of my blogs. I can write a memory of Dad. I can find an old photo and post it to my blog. These are my choices for commemorating Father’s Day.

Dad died before I could say good-bye to him. I miss my Father, when I was growing up, I did not realize how much I missed him. Growing up, Grandpa Newland (my mother’s father) was my father figure. I have many memories of my Grandfather and I could write about those, but for some reason I want to write about my Father this year.

No comments: