Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reversed positions in Las Vegas

Fidál (Grace), 5 Rahmat (Mercy), 167 BE – Tuesday, June 28, 2011 about 1:55 PM Pacific Time

My mother and I have reversed positions. I am the caregiver. I am the one who gets Mom out of bed each morning. It takes about thirty minutes to get Mom out of bed. Mom wakes up when I go into her bedroom and sit down on her bed, but she does not want to get up. The Alzheimer’s disease has caused this reversal.

Mom used to get up as soon as it got daylight, but not any more. I used to be the one difficult to get up in the morning, but now Mom wants to stay in bed all day. Mom goes to an adult daycare center five days a week, so I have to get her up early enough to bath and get dressed. Mom does not want to get up; she wants to lie in bed.

Mom wants to go to bed when she comes home from the daycare center. She will eat something and then go to bed. Mom goes to bed early and sleeps through the night, so I get her up early. I encourage her to get out of bed between 5:00 and 5:30 AM. I am lucky if she is up by 6:00 because she simply wants to lie in the bed. If I keep encouraging her, she eventually get up so that she can eat and get ready to go the daycare center.

No comments: