Monday, June 27, 2011

Cooking with soup in Las Vegas

Kamál (Perfection), 4 Rahmat (Mercy), 168 BE – Monday, June 27, 2011 about 4:25 PM Pacific Time

Today I fixed the other two squash. These large green squash, I do not know what they are called. Anyway, I peeled the green skins and the inside of the squash were white. After I peeled the squash, I sliced them into smaller pieces. Next, I cut up one medium onion.

In the electric skillet, I put two tablespoons of vegetable oil. After the oil was hot, I put the squash, onions and nine squirts of balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I cooked this combination for a few minutes and then added a can of tomato soup. I liked the taste of this recipe better then the yellow squash recipe, but perhaps it was because of the spices in the can of soup.

I am going to have to cook with soup more often. I do not have fresh spices and the canned spices I have are several years old. I do not like to buy spices because I do not use them up as quickly as I would like. I think the best thing for me is to begin cooking with soup because the canned soups already have spices in them and they add to the recipes I create. The recipes taste better with the soup then they would with the old spices I have in the house.

No comments: