Sunday, September 17, 2006

Prayer for Peace

10 Izzat 163 B.E. – September 17, 2006 at 7:15:33 AM

The subject for today seems to be peace. I just finished posting to my “Thoughts on Spiritual Poetry” blog. The subject there was “Peace and Healing”. That was a prose peace instead of a poem. OK, so I had intended to post it to this blog, but posted it to that one instead. Why I did that I don’t know, it wasn’t because I not awake yet. I’m wide awake and planning to go for a walk in a few minutes. For anyone who wants to read my thoughts on “Peace and Healing”, I’m including the link to the other blog here http://spiritualpoetry.blogspot.com/.

Anyway, to get back to the prayer for peace, it is by ‘Abdu’l-Baha. The prayer is the one that came to my e-mail box yesterday. I’m subscribed to a Baha’i quotes newsletter and every day a quote from the Baha’i writings is delivered to my e-mail box. This happens to be one of my favorite prayers by ‘Abdu’l-Baha, so I’m going to share it today.

O God! Raise aloft the banner of the oneness of mankind.
O God! Establish the Most Great Peace.
Cement Thou, O God, the hearts together.

O Thou kind Father, God! Gladden our hearts through the fragrance of Thy love. Brighten our eyes through the Light of Thy Guidance. Delight our ears with the melody of Thy Word, and shelter us all in the Stronghold of Thy Providence.

Thou art the Mighty and Powerful, Thou art the Forgiving and Thou art the One Who overlooketh the shortcomings of all mankind.
Abdu'l-Baha
From a talk given at Cleveland, Ohio, USA 6 May 1912


No comments: