Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It Rained Today

18 Asma 163 B.E. – September 6, 2006 A.D.

It rained today and as a result, the roads are slick. Anyway, I had to go to the post office to mail a letter; if I would keep stamps in the house then I could just have the post person take the letter when he delivered my mail. However, since I seldom keep more than a book of stamps in the house at one time, I did not have stamps to for the letter so I had to go to the post office.

I always say a prayer of protection before I leave the driveway or the garage depending on where the car happens to be when we decide to go somewhere. I said the prayer, backed out of the driveway, turned my lights on, and headed for the post office. On the way some guy took a corner too fast and hit the medium, no one was hurt this time and the person just drove on afterwards, but this happens every time it rains. Somebody approaches a stop light at a high rate of speed and then attempts to stop; because of the road conditions, they lose control. It does not always end without any injuries, but it did this time.

When it rains in Las Vegas, people just have to drive a little slower. If the its not raining, then the speed limit is alright, but when it rains you not only have to turn your lights on, but you have to go under the speed limit as well. In addition, you need to wear your seat belt.

No comments: