Monday, September 18, 2006

Hang In There Part I


11 Izzat 163 B.E. – September 18, 2006

All my life people, usually relatives or friends, have told me to “Just hang in there”, but what does it mean to “hang in there”. It isn’t that I don’t know what it means, it’s simply that I’ve had a good picture of it until now. Now I know what it looks like to “hang in there”. You can’t get a true definition of something until you see a picture of it, that because we think in pictures, or at least I do, rather than just words. Don’t get me wrong, some of my thoughts are in words, but what stays with me is the pictures and the graphics that show something happening.

Anyway, Mom was going through some boxes the other day and she found an interesting card. It was a blank card with the picture of a cat on the front and the back. The cat was in a tree and “hanging in there”. After contemplating the card, I decided that there are two phases to “hanging in there”. In the first part you appear to be doing all right, you are hanging onto the branch and just waiting for someone to rescue you. This is an illusion, because you normally aren’t rescued. If you are lucky you just keep hanging there safe in the tree with your front legs and head draped over the limb and your back legs and rear dangling on the other side.

No comments: