Saturday, January 14, 2006

Once Upon A Time

15 Sharaf 162 B.E. - January 13 - 14, 2006 A.D.

Once upon a time, I ....

Once upon a time, I began a blog. It is a blog about faith, writing and a butterfly leaving its pupa case. I keep that blog and attempt to write in it each day. I have changed since beginning the blog, my writing has progress and the blog has changed a bit. I am becoming less self conscious about posting an entry. There are still things I need to work on and I still have a tendency toward procrastination. I am becoming more adventurous and out going. Maybe that has to do with getting older, but it also has a lot to do with learning about myself.

Once upon a time, I wrote a sentence without thinking about what I was going to say. I just set down at the computer and began to type. I did not worry about spelling (of course with a computer spelling is not problem because the word processor I use underlines the misspelled words or at least those it thinks are misspelled in red). I can write without worrying about the spelling. Of course with free writing there are things I still have to work on. I have a tendency to back space when I misspell a word. I have cut down on my going back and rewriting but not completely.

Once upon a time, I wrote a paragraph without stopping to read back what I had written this is quite an achievement and I am not bragging there. I found that I can not type fast enough to get down everything I want to say. Maybe someday someone with come up with a machine or something that enters your blog entries, your journal entries at the speed of thought. I still want to go back and change even in the paragraph and sentence I have just written I want to change something, but I am not going to. In fact my fingers are getting tired and I am going to stop typing now.

NOTE: I am attempting to take the prompts I get in a different direction than is obvious. I don't know how well I am succeeding at this point, but we'll see how I do.

No comments: