Thursday, January 19, 2006

Feast of Sovereignty

1 Sultan 162 B.E. - January 18 - 19, 2006 A.D.
Feast of Sultan

I went to the Feast of Sultan (Sovereignty) on the evening of January 18. I always enjoy feast The evening Feast of Sovereignty felt especially spiritual, although all the feast I attend have a spiritual feeling. One of the reading was a dramatic reading of the Hidden Words. We set in rapt silence as the words were read. I’ve always enjoyed the Hidden Words, but the reading at feast give me a new apparition for that particular book.

At the feast I also received a copy of the latest Baha’i calendar. The new calendar has a photo of the Mansion of Bahji. This is a night scene showing the Mansion lit up. The view is absolutely breath taking. I am looking forward to going on pilgrimage and seeing all the building at Mount Carmel and going to Bahji to see the mansion there. When I go I am going to take a pen and paper journal with me. I have never written a travel journal before, this will be my first travel journal.

No comments: