Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My Biggest Struggle

4 Sharaf 162 B.E. - January 2 - 3, 2006 A.D.

NOTE: This prompt is from the yahoo group Journal Writing. What is the biggest struggle you are facing, write about how you have been coping with that struggle.

My Biggest Struggle

My biggest struggle is against myself. Against the negative voice of my ego’s fear to succeed and submit to the will of God. It is this voice that prevents me from achieving my full potential both spiritually and materially. I find that focusing on Baha’u’llah and the sacred scriptures He and The Bab revealed helps. However, I have learned not to procrastinate chanting and meditating on The Most Great Name. This I need to do of a morning, rather than waiting until afternoon or evening. In addition I need to take The Bab’s admonition and focus on the power of the Lord rather than my own limitations. The struggle goes on, the truth is the struggle never ends. There are periods when I have “passed a test” (so to speak) that there is a respite, but then something else comes up and I find myself faced with another part of the struggle. Somewhere in one of the scriptures it says (paraphrased) that God does not test the soul beyond its capabilities. So I will continue to struggle, pray and meditate and eventually I, with the help of the Lord, I will overcome.

No comments: