Friday, October 21, 2016

I Am a NaNo Rebel

Istiqlál (Independence), 7 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 173 BE - Friday, October 21, 2016 AD about 2:57 Pacific Daylight Time 

Only eleven days until the beginning of National Novel Writing Month. On November 1 the writing frenzy begins. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in thirty days. That means a writer has to complete at least 1,667 words a day. During NaNoWriMo I attempt and succeed at writing 50,000 words. This year I'm participating in NaNoWriMo, but I won't be working on fiction. Instead I'll write nonfiction. 

The title of my book is The Test, Tribulations, Joys, and Meditations of Prosperous Snow. The genre is personal with spiritual overtones. The first reason I chose this title because my Also Known As is Prosperous Snow.  The second is that something has changed in my life and I need to write some personal stuff so that I can focus. I figured NaNoWriMo was a good time to do it. 

No comments: