Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Paper Clips and Duct Tape

Fiḍál (Grace), 9 Mashíyyat (Will), 173 BE - Tuesday, October 4, 2016 AD about 12:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time 

Can you fix anything with paper clips and duct tape? I know you can fix a lot of things with duct tape and paper clips. I don't think you can fix everything with them. I know it's hard to hold a bumper onto a car with duct tape. It's difficult to pick a lock with a paper clip (I know this because I once attempted it). 

What, you may ask, brought on this train of thought? I found a box of paper clips hidden under some papers on my desk. This small box has been with me for several years. I think my mother bought a few  years before she died and Mom died in 2012. I brought the box of paper clips with me when I moved from the house on Bracken Avenue to the studio on Sunrise Avenue. Then when I moved from the studio to the two-bedroom apartment the box came with me. The box is still about half-full of paper clips. 

I don't think I have any duct tape in the house. Of course, I could be wrong about that because I still have boxes that came with me from Bracken that I haven't cleaned out. I have to clean them out because I need to know what's in them. I could have clothes or shoes, but I suspect they contain some of my poems or old journals. I suppose that's the next thing to do after I finish cleaning out my desk drawers. 

No comments: