Sunday, September 22, 2013

On a Windy Sunday in September

Jamál (Beauty), 15 ‘Izzat (Might), 170 BE - Sunday, September 22, 2013 about 6:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time

The wind is blowing between at 15 to 20 mph. I do not know how fast it is blowing, but I know it is fast enough to slam the patio door and make the limbs of the oleanders move. Since the dead limb on the pine tree, in the front yard, was cut off last week I do not have to worry about it falling across the drive way.

oleander limbs
waving in the morning wind
a new week begins

I did not turn turn the television on this morning. I checked the weather.com for the information on wind speeds. According to the information on that website, the UV index in Las Vegas is "very high" and the humidity is 32 percent. As I look out my living room window, I can see that the sky is partly cloudy, but I have to go back to the website to find the temperature. Right now the temperature is a nice 64 degrees Fahrenheit.

Sunday wind and clouds
a nice day in Las Vegas
autumn temperatures

I think the autumnal equinox occurs about 1:44 pm local time. This morning, when I went outside pick up the newspaper, it felt like fall. It is time for me to start hot coffee instead of iced. The temperatures are becoming cooler, so I need a hot beverage to warm me up in the morning. I plan on finishing off the iced coffee today and washing the ice cube trays I use to make my coffee ice.

No comments: