Friday, November 09, 2007

Monday is Baha'u'llah's Birthday

6 Qudrat 164 B.E. - Friday, November 9, 2007

Monday is Baha'u'llah's Birthday. On Sunday evening after sunset a celebration of the event is planned for the Baha'i Center in Las Vegas. I'm not sure what is planned, but it ought to be fun. The celebration is held in the evening because the calendar followed by the Baha'is is a solar calendar. That means that the day begins at sunset on one day and ends at sunset on the next.

I've written a single stanza Octava Rima about commemorating Baha'u'llah's birth. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to add another stanza to it. I'd planned two stanza, but the second just wasn't working so I posted the first stanza in my port on writing.com. I'm in a poetry contest that gives forms of poems and then I write a poem following that form. The optional challenge was to take significant historical event and write about it.

The birth of Baha'u'llah was a significant historical even in my spiritual life and the spiritual life of many others across the planet. Baha'u'llah was born in the Persian province of Nur (light) at dawn on November 12, 1817.

No comments: