Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Autumn in Las Vegas

5 Qawl 164 B.E. - Tuesday, November 27, 2007 about 7:18 AM PST

Autumn in Las Vegas is usually cool, but this year it seams to be colder then usually. That's just a personal opinion thought. I don't think the actual weather reports have backed me up. Still I think its colder. According to the weather the past few days were below normal, but before that I think the weather reports said normal or above normal.

It's clouding outside right now, which reflect my mood this morning. It could be just the time of year, of course. Fall and Winter are sad season, cloudy and dreary; sleepy seasons with nature resting up for Spring and Summer. My likes concerning seasons have changed over the past few years. Winter used to be my favorite season, there are still things about winter I like.

I like the winter constellations. Living in Las Vegas with all the light pollution I don't see a lot of them. Gas prices prevent me from driving too far out of town to look at the night sky. Maybe that is one reason I'm a bit sad, it's been five or six years since I've been far enough away from the city to sky.

There are a few stars you can see from Las Vegas, if I look directly above me sometimes I can catch a glimpse of a twinkling star. Also I can see Venus when she is either a morning or evening star. I sometimes catch sight of Mars or one of the other planets, but not often. To get a good view of the night sky I'd have to go a long way out of town and that may not be possible for sometime.

I think I'll put that on my prayer list. Ask to get out of town to see the night sky.

No comments: