Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving Thoughts

14 Qudrat 164 B.E. - Saturday, November 17, 2007 about 5:47 AM PST

Thursday, November 22, is Thanksgiving. It's also the nineteenth day Qudrat (Power) on Friday the month of Qawl (Speech) begins. Because Thanksgiving is so close I'm thinking of praise and gratitude. I have a gratitude journal that I try to make entries in at least once a week.

I normally make gratitude journal entries on Thursdays. I belong to a yahoo journal writing group and the Thursday exercise is called Thankful Thursday. Everyone lists ten things they are thankful for and posts either to the group or their blogs. This Thanksgiving I have a lot to be thankful for, but I want to do more then just list those things.

I think this year I'll write a Thanksgiving poem. I haven't written a poem about Thanksgiving in a couple of years. Maybe I'll try a form poem. I'm in a challenge on writing.com called Stretch You Style, each week the group is challenged to write a poem in a different form. This is the fifth week of the challenge so we've written five poems in five different forms.

Forms Used so Far in Stretch Your Style

  1. Garland Cinquain
  2. Cyhydedd Hir
  3. Ottava Rima
  4. Quatern
  5. Trios-par-Huit

I'm not sure if I'll use one of those forms or research another for the Thanksgiving poem. If I use one of those forms, I'll use the Garland Cinqain or the Quatern.

No comments: