Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cloudy Weather and Gratitude

7 Qawl 164 B.E. - Wednesday, November 28, 2007 about 6:03 PM PST

I enjoy the cloudy weather. It reminds me of tests and difficulties (I've had a lot of those lately), sometimes the problems hide the Beloved like the clouds hide the sun. The clouds aren't permanent any more then tests and difficulties last. Eventually a person passes the test and moves on.

I've found the best way to handle test and difficulties is gratitude. I try to look at the little things I have to be thankful for on a daily basis. I even have a gratitude journal. In fact for the next 1001 days I'm going to make daily entries into that journal. I've even given the journal a special name - 1001 Days of Praise and Gratitude. I list things I have to be thankful or grateful for that day.

One of the things I listed today was the cloudy weather. Today I am grateful for cloudy weather. The best way to handle a cloudy day, week or month is to remember that the sun will eventually become visible again.

No comments: