Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Giving Thanks and the Price of Gas

18 Qudrat 164 B.E. - Tuesday, November 20, 2007 about 8:17 PM PST

All right at first glance, the price of gas is nothing to be thankful for. Today I bought $17.00 in gas for a little over $3.03 a gallon. My mother's co-pay on most (not all) of her medication is $3.00. I paid more for a gallon of gas then my mother pays for her meds.

However, today we picked up a Thanksgiving Basket, which included a turkey. The Thanksgiving food basket didn't cost us any cash. On the way home from getting the turkey and stuff, I saw the price of gas at another self-serve station. It was around $3.11 per gallon. I am thankful I bought the gas at the station I did because I paid less for the gas.

This has made me realize that no matter what the problem there is always something to be thankful for. True sometimes we have to look for it, but if we look hard enough we find something to give thanks for; this is the time of year when we look for things to give thanks for, but we need to look for thankful things all year round.

No comments: