Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mom’s Using Her Walker

14 ‘Azamat 164 B.E. – Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mom’s using her walker to help get her from the bed to the wheel chair and in an optimistic mood most of the time. She has her prayer beads, prayer book and magnifying glass next to the bed, so she can say prayers when she likes.

Yesterday her therapist came and gave her some exercises she can do in the walker. She likes using the walker, although she still needs some help when using it, but that should pass. Mom has three different types of exercises to do. One group of exercises she does in bed, another while sitting in the wheelchair and the last while she uses the walker to stand up.

I still can’t seem to get caught up on the house work, but it is progressing slowly. I’m almost caught up with the laundry, but this I’ve said before and then got behind again. I had an interesting experience Monday. I had to bail out the dishwasher. It usually retains a little bit of water, but Monday it appeared as if it hadn’t drained well. I haven’t used it since, but I’m going to have to use it soon. On Thursday someone is coming in to fix the garbage disposal, it won’t run at all. I finally found the reset button, but that didn’t help so I put in a work order.

The Feast of Nur is Monday, June 4, at 7:30 pm. On the morning of the 4th Mom has a doctor’s appointment at 7:20 am. I know that seems a bit early, but the last time she had an appointment it was at 10:20 am and, because of blood test and X-rays we didn’t get out of the building until 2:00 pm. The Earlier I take her in the better chance I have of getting out of the building before noon.

Friday, June 1, I’m taking her in for a blood test. I can take her in as early as I want though because the Quest Diagnostics on Burnham is open 24/7. The earlier Friday we get in, the earlier we’ll get out. Right now, I’m just putting everything in Baha’u’llah’s hands and getting as much done in a day as I can. The problem is that I can’t seem to get as much done as I want.

Yesterday, May 29, we went out. Mom had to recertify for a senior program and we needed to pick up some meds for the pharmacy. I stopped by the pharmacy first, because it was suppose to open at 8:00 am and we didn’t leave the house until 8:00 am. I got to the pharmacy, about 8:20, and it wasn’t open yet. We went to get Mom recertified and then back to the pharmacy (about 9:00 or 9:20 am)open.yet. We went to get Mom recertified and then back to the pharmacy, but it still wasn'ick up some meds for the pharmacy. I, but it still wasn’t open. So we went to pay the water bill, that done we went back to the pharmacy, it was open this time and we got the meds. It’s been an interesting week so far and it’s only Wednesday.

I will admit that I’m feeling a lot better today than I was Monday or Tuesday, I’m not sure why. It’s not because I’m getting any more rest. Since Mom got home I’ve been sleeping on the loveseat, not conducive to resting the body. Last night I went to “bed” early and instead of sleeping on the loveseat, I slept on the couch. Not a good idea, the loveseat is harder than the couch, so I sleep better on it and my back doesn’t hurt when I get up. Tonight I think I’ll try my own bed and see if I can hear Mom from there. She has a crystal bell that she can ring if she needs me, so I think that sleeping in the bed will work from now on. Oh well, it’s all in Baha’u’llah’s hands. Everything will work out.

No comments: