Thursday, May 03, 2007

Another two-day entry

6 Jamal 164 B.E. – Thursday, May 3, 2007

I said I was going to attempt to do an entry everyday and if I couldn’t do that then I’d make two or more entries in one day. This is another two-day entry. Yesterday I was ill, vomited etc. I had to go see my mother’s therapist at 9:00 AM PDT. I have no idea what time I got back to the house. I lay down on the couch or was it the love seat. I slept and woke up at 3:00 PM, went back to pick up some stuff from my mother, after stopping at the drug store for some vitamin water (I hadn’t eaten anything, so I thought I need something extra in the water) and a couple of other items. Went to see my mother, took the stuff she wanted me to bring home. Came home and went to sleep again (have no idea what time I got home), woke up at 11:00 PM went to get gas and a couple of stores, only the necessary items; come home and went to sleep (on the love seat). Woke up at 4:00 Am or there about this morning. Still not feeling good, but moved the TV into the dining room and the dining room set into the living room. Swept and mopped the dining room and entrance hall (not to my satisfaction because I failed to get a new sponge for the mop). Now I have to finish the living room and kitchen. I’m feeling better now, I’ll do one or the other next. However, my mother is home so I’ll take care of her and contact someone to come and fix the dryer (I can do this online later tonight). In the mean time, I’m going to go take care of mom and say some prayers. Probably the Tablet of Ahmad revealed by Baha’u’llah.

5 Jamal 164 B.E. – Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Misery Does Not Love Company

I don’t care what anyone says to the contrary, Misery doesn’t love company and doesn’t want company. Misery wants to be left alone to be miserable. So why is it when I’m sick I can’t be left alone to be miserable? I suppose it’s just as well. If I was left alone to be miserable and cranky I’d wallow in my own unhappiness and misery. Therefore, I need to follow Baha’u’llah’s advice and “be thankful in adversity” or in this case misery. What brought this on? I woke up at 12:00 midnight vomiting and with … OK, you can probably guess what else I woke up doing. Anyway, I couldn’t stay home; I had things to do, so I go out and did them. Between doing what I had to do, I slept. I slept not in my bed, because I just couldn’t make myself get off the couch. I eventually got everything done, not to my total satisfaction, but I got it done anyway.

No comments: