Saturday, May 05, 2007

Again a Two-Day Entry

8 Jamal 164 B.E. – Saturday, May 5, 2007

This is getting a little bit redundant. This is the second two-day entry in a row and I have no excuse. I’m not even sure why I didn’t post an entry yesterday. Not like I’m going anywhere unless I find someone to set with Mom while I’m gone. I did get her meds yesterday, but I got the neighbors to keep an eye on her while I was gone. Getting the meds didn’t take that long, I did have to go to the bank to get money, but that wasn’t long either. Anyway, I got Mom’s meds and I’m going to have to go give her the evening pill in a few moments. She’s getting easier to get in and out of her wheel chair. She seems to be about to use her legs a little bit more than she could when she got home a few days ago.

Right now she’s sitting in the wheel chair watching a cooking show on channel 10. I’m going to go fix a hamburger for supper, but I don’t think we’ll have supper until closer to 6:00 PM. Mom enjoys the Britcoms and Lawrence Whelk. Lawrence Whelk comes on at 6:00 and the Britcoms at 8:00. I think between the two, I’ll read the Long Healing Prayer revealed by Baha’u’llah, so Mom can hear, Mom enjoys listening to this prayer.

7 Jamal 164 B.E. – Friday, May 4, 2007

Drying Cloths without a Dryer

The dryer squeaks and isn’t working properly. So I’m stuck with washing the cloths and then drying them either on one cloths line or on the patio. I’m using both. It isn’t easy, especially since we’re using a lot of sheet lately and they need to be washed and dried everyday. I can’t go the launder mat. Mom just got home from the rehab hospital a few days ago and can’t be left alone. She is in a hospital bed and has exercises to do besides other things that need done for her. I put in a work order on the website and someone got back to me about the dryer, but they won’t be out until Monday. So I’ll just have to work with the situation.

I don’t really like to take we cloths to the launder mat anyway. You get them there and dried, then come home and a couple of days later you go out to your car and find that a wet washrag or other small wet item fell out of a basket and onto the floor (they never fall out in the trunk) of the backseat. It leaves an interesting (I think that’s a good word for it) odor in the car.

I don’t like interesting odors in my car, because they stick around for days, weeks and months. You can’t get them out easily and covering them up doesn’t always work or even help. The only way to get an interesting (?) odor out of you car, is to use four forty-five air conditioning. You roll down all four windows and drive forty-five miles an hour preferably on a highway or street where that is the speed limit.

Oh well, this too shall pass. It’s only a test and life is full of test, difficulties and adversity. Baha’u’llah says to be thankful in adversity.

No comments: