Saturday, May 19, 2007

Mass Deletes

3 ‘Azamat 164 B.E. – May 19, 2007

We didn’t attend the Feast of ‘Azamat on the evening of May 16. Mom and I were sitting in Valley ER, or rather, I was sitting and she was lying in a bed. I think I mentioned the reason in the last post. The last few days were interesting (?) – all right, maybe not the best word for our adventures. Actually tiring is a better word. On Monday, I need to take Mom in for a blood test. I’m not sure what that’s going to show. Right now, I’m doing laundry. I’d say I have only one more load of sheets after this, but that may be an under estimate. The only laundry I’ve did for the past week is sheets. I didn’t know we had so many sheets.

I just heard the washing machine go off, so I’ll go put those in the dryer and see what else there is to do before putting another load of sheets in. I retrieved all my e-mail last Sunday and then had to wait until Thursday to retrieve it again. As a result, my boxes are full. I think the best thing to do now is just mass delete everything and start over. I probably won’t delete everything, but I will delete most of it; if I miss something important the “tough cookies”.

It’s amazing how freeing it is just to check every e-mail in a box or folder and then press the delete key. It’s also a bit upsetting. I mean if I should delete something important, then what? I’m not going to worry about it now though. I’m just too overwhelmed to worry about what’s in my e-mail boxes and what I’m deleting. I am starting with a folder rather than the main e-mail box. I started out by checking everything and then unchecking what I thought I wanted. Then I decided to check everything a look at the subject lines. Now I’m just checking everything and then clicking the delete icon. I’ll move from the folders to the main mail box later. I sort my e-mail into folder, so that the main box isn’t too full (most of the time).

It’s amazing how relieved I feel now that I’ve decided to simply mass delete everything without looking at the subject line. The folder I’m working with is one that I normally don’t do this type of mass delete in. However, doing anything else right now doesn’t seem the right thing. I have unread messages in that folder going back to March of this year. I have other folders that hold read message from 2006, 2005, etc. I think I’ll mass delete those as well and just clean out the entire box. That way I’ll start fresh and maybe be able to respond in a timely manner. There is always hope.

Even deleting the way I’m doing it takes time. Time I could use in some other way, but if I don’t do this now … the job will be bigger tomorrow or next week. Putting thing off just doesn’t help; it only makes matters worse. I’ll mass delete and then post to the group that the folder was set up for. I may get only the one folder cleaned out today, but if I work a little bit each day on this then eventually, I’ll have a … OK, my train of though just derailed. It’s been a stressful week and I’m tired, weary and for some reason not at all worried about anything.

No comments: